14 January 2007

Letting go

It is so good to back behind the computer after some quality time away with my family. How about you? Did you enjoy the break? I pray that God was not left behind when you went away. Last year is down as one of my worst years ever but I feel that this year will be one of my best. I feel that God is moving in my life, moving in a way that I didn’t expect.

Towards the end of last year I watched Plumber Mike and Gary Carter comparing their body curves and it got me thinking about how so busy we are with our outta self, nip here and tuck there, that we forget about the inside. Beauty for real is a inside job. This year will be about the inside. God wants to renew your relationship with him. I don’t believe God has brought you this far just to leave you. We need to let go of last year and let God take us into the new.

Here is a poem, author unknown, called Broken Dreams …

As children bring their broken toys
with tears for us to mend
I brought my broken dreams to God
because He is my friend

But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone
I hang around and tried to help
With ways that were my own

At last I snatch them back
and cried how can you be so slow
My child, He said, what could I do,
You never did let go.


So now is the time to go and let God

No comments: