12 October 2007

God Loves

In this half of the year a number friends, family and colleagues have died and it has got me asking about heaven and hell. After a lot of questions and prayer, it all boiled down to "God Loves". That is something we Christians have and the other religions don't.

As in this video that I posted "This is powerfull" and in the following poem "When God Ran" by a blogger called "Devilnitemare" from India, God's love for us is so powerful and pure. As a mother who sees her toddler about to wander into the road, she runs.

"When God Ran"

Wasn't long ago when I walked out,
Wanted it all done my way.
Wasn't long after, I was a wandering,
Worthless vagabond.
Lately I started weighing options,
Didn't take time to know I had none.
So, I packed myself up
And took the long road back home.
Wasn't long away when He saw me,
Can I forget the smile on his face?
Can I forget those open arms?
Can I forget that day,
When God ran to me?

But I wasn't one to learn,
So, I took off the same old way.
Soon I was one foot in hell again,
I could hear them sing in chorus,
"I did it my way, I did it my way."
Guess I know that song too well,
Came to my senses soon enough.
Took the same road, I knew so well.

Wasn't long away when I saw Him,
Can I forget those tear-stained eyes?
Can I forget those nail pierced hands?
Can I forget that day, yet again,
The day that God ran to me?

Now, I am the master of excuses,
I never run out of stupid ones.
And every now and then, I'm on my way again.
But I know the song so well,
And I know the time so well,
Or maybe He knows it very well ...

I remember those tear-stained eyes,
I remember those nail pierced hands,
I remember the smile, the open arms,
And I remember the way back very well.
So, here I am going again, yet again,

Yes, yet again to see God run to me.


Taken from Devilnitemare's post When God Ran.

No comments: