18 February 2008

I know I am not, but I know I AM

BIG GOD, little me

Can we comprehend that we are not the centre of the universe? How many times have we tried to be the centre of attention with God? The peer pressure around us keeps us wanting to be bigger, to be known, to be on top and even to leave a legacy.

God's Top 3
God is committed to His glory
God is committed to our redemption purpose
God is committed to our best

My Top 3
Me and my happiness
My happiness
My happiness

Louie Giglio, in the third part of the Canvas DVD, said that we need to put God back into perspective. I am tiny, miniscule, transient and microscopic compared to the creator of the universe, the BIG GOD who put it all together. Everything in this universe is all about God whose name is "I AM" which comes from the verb "to be".

HE MUST INCREASE, i must decrease

God is not trying to deflate us; it is just that we have made ourselves bigger than God. God can't work with us if we are full of ourselves. If we can do it in our own power then we don't need God. It is only when we see just how tiny we are next to Awesome God, then God can work through us and none of us can get in His way. This is God's story, and He chose for us to be in it. It does not matter how small we are for "I AM" says he would go with us. He is all we need.

I am not, but He knows my name.
I am not, but He has pursued me in His love.
I am not, but I have been purchased and redeemed.
I am not, but I have been invited into The Story.
I am not, but I know the Creator of the universe.
I am not, but I know I AM!

If your problems are too BIG than your God is too small.

No comments: