12 March 2008

What message are you broadcasting

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world John 16:33

The Megaphone of Hope, an interesting subject that Louie Giglio covers in part two of "Hope: When Life Hurts Most". Louie states that when you spend enough time with a person you can see their life message by their actions and attitudes. It is when life hurts that their true life message comes out.

What is life message? It is what is at the pinnacle of their lives. In other words what a person lives for. Most people what is on top most point of their lives is self preservation and the preservation of their loved ones. How true is that for me? It is what is best for me and my family. Stuff the rest.

It is not wrong to have self preservation and the preservation of the ones we love near the top; it is what is on the pinnacle that is important. Glorifying God must be on the pinnacle. He loves us so much that He gave His only son Jesus to die in our place on that cross. We sing many songs in our churches stating that we will do anything that He asks of us. But is it higher than our self preservation and the preservation of our loved ones?

It is when trouble comes along; that we amplify what we value the highest with a megaphone for the whole world to see. What message are you broadcasting in your life?

What do you think when you hear the words "Jesus Christ"? Test this; ask around where you are right now. Does walking on water come up first or is it turning water into wine? No it is the cross. It is where Jesus hurt the most that people won't forget. The cross where he died for puny us is the life message of Jesus, the Messiah.

Louie gave us four points to remember
- Embrace God's higher purpose.
- Be ready when trouble comes
- Hope. Anchor yourselves in the cross
- Use it for God's glory.

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear; and will trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:1-3

Click here to listen to "The Megaphone of Hope" online

Let Go and Let Go

No comments: