04 January 2009

In Africa Christianity changes people's hearts

2009, I feel is the year God will reveal himself in Africa and he blesses us so that we may be a blessing to others. 2009 is the year when the Salted Lightly project will start. I have spent the last few years trying to start it but whenever I do I tend to get rather bogged down in secular work and next the Holy Spirit prompts me back to the project I am amazed how much time I've wasted.

Okay, a little about Salted Lightly which is about to go into the development phase. Salted Lightly, Africa's Good Works Portal, gives the glory back to God in light of all the good works in Africa. In other words it will highlight the good works done in Africa by Christians so that others may find and support them. It is a huge project and in a way impossible but that is why I can't do it without God. God is the solution to Africa.

"As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God" by Matthew Parris is a refreshing article about the practical work of mission churches in Africa. "Now a confirmed atheist, I've become convinced of the enormous contribution that Christian evangelism makes in Africa: sharply distinct from the work of secular NGOs, government projects and international aid efforts. These alone will not do. Education and training alone will not do. In Africa Christianity changes people's hearts. It brings a spiritual transformation. The rebirth is real. The change is good."

4 comments:

Rotters said...

In light of this post I thought you might find the following interesting

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/matthew_parris/article5400568.ece

Rotters said...

ok never mind haha I only read the first part and then thought oh i should send that link through from an article i read recently - then went back to reading the rest of the article and see that you already have it. What can I say, great minds think alike!

Jerome West said...

And Fools never differ. Thanks for reading my blog Mark or is it Didi. :-)

Rotters said...

mark is too busy to read blogs:) It's Didi