10 January 2009

TUG

Well I just got another big shove towards the dream that God has laid on my heart, the Salted Lightly Project. As I mentioned in my last post every time I move forward on the dream I get distracted and God has to intervene and push me back in the right direction. The question that was asked of me this morning at a Christian men's meeting was "Is God asking me or is He telling me?"

Let me bring you up to speed, last night I watched the movie "The Ultimate Gift" and was moved. I then brought the issue of how I am easily distracted from the website which I believe God wants me to build to my friends this morning. One of my friends reminded me of the "Screw Tape Letters" by CS Lewis where the devil tells his cronies to "Keep them (Christians) busy in the nonessentials of life and invent countless schemes to occupy their minds." Coming back home with a lot of thoughts in my mind, I decided to watch the movie "The Ultimate Gift" again for the second time.

WHAM! Right between the eyes, it all fell into place. God gave me another push. This must see movie is based on a novel by Jim Stovall and has spawned a movement of the same name. Please watch the movie (rent or purchase the DVD) or better still read the book. When you have done that then come back to me and we can discuss your gift or even the gift of the dream which God has laid on my heart. The dream which the devil is trying his hardest to stop me doing by keeping me busy. This movie has given me a gift.

No comments: