03 February 2007

He will not grow tired

Well what can I say about last Tuesday.

Nothing, that’s right absolute nothing. I was so tired that I don’t remember much.

I have been exhausted for sometime now, I even wake up feeling tired which I know is not good. My vital energies might be worn out and spent but I know that in Isaiah 40:28 it says "The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary …” Now that is reassuring, that when we are out of energy we can come and put our heads on his lap and rest.

That reminds me of a friend, Ivy who runs a street children’s home in Bertrams. When a new child comes in from the street, they just sleep and sleep and sleep. She asked a child once why do you sleep so long when you first arrive. The child answered because for the first time they feel safe to drop their guard and sleep.

Yes life can be so exhausting, but in God we find a strong tower (Proverbs 18:10), there we can rest, regain our strength knowing that we are in God’s protection. Back to Isaiah 40 at verse 31 we read “… but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Let me leave with this words of encouragement, (it seems that I am stuck in Isaiah, this time Isaiah 41:9-13 ) …

"You are My servant;
I have chosen you and not rejected you.
Do not fear, for I am with you;
do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored;
those who contend with you will be as nothing, and will perish.
you will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them,
Those who war with you will be as nothing, and non-existent.
For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand,
Who says to you, “Do not fear, I will help you.


And in my tiredness I leave you with this thought…

We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.

No comments: