02 February 2007

Sunscreen

Well I am feeling more alert than last week, but a bit on the sunburned side. Words of a song comes to mind “If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it.” Last night while installing a new ethernet hard drive to our network at home, I sat up hit my head on the bottom of the table thereby scrapping off some sunburned skin. I can still feel it.

Anyway moving swithly along, this past Tuesday Andy continued with the names of God covering Jehovah Raphah (The God who Heals) and Jehovah Nissi (God my Banner).

God my Banner, well we have been called to join the ranks of God’s army. We can march with our heads held up high with God’s banner in front of us knowing that we have God’s protection. With the banner of God going before us we will be Victorious. He gave us the whole armour of God in Ephesians 6:10-18. Not to stand in the corner to get rusted. Not to be just polished and made all shiny BUT to be used. When armour is used in battle it gets dented, by the enemies weapons.

And do you know what the good thing is about wearing God’s armour, we can get the dents repaired by God because he is the God who heals.

The root word rophe implies spiritual, emotional as well as physical healing. Yes God heals the body, soul and spirit. From a simple point of view I see it like this, when I get sick I would go to my doctor. He will examine me and then after some tests give his diagnoses. He will then prescribe some medicine and give me instructions on how not to get sick again.

We have proof in the Word that God healed physically as well as spiritually and he left us the instruction book how not to get sick again. God still heals today. Jesus referred to himself in Matthew 9:12 as a physician.

Here is an old hymn by Charles Wesly

Soldiers of Christ arise,
And put your armour on,
Strong in the Strengh which God supplies
Thro’ his Eternal Son;
Strong in the Lord of Hosts,
And in his mighty power,
Who in the strengh of Jesus trusts
Is more than conqueror.

But trust me on the sunscreen…

No comments: